Over 80% of people with multiple sclerosis have one thing in common: crushing fatigue . For beauty’s sake, this means you will need either something quick and easy that won’t take up too much energy, or some sort of multi-tasking beauty hack. So we’ve made a list!
When you’re living with MS, it’s important to live a healthy lifestyle. Much of that relates back to healthy eating (ask us about juicing or making smoothies!). If you’re someone who enjoys smoothies, you should have coconut oil on hand, not just for nutrition, but for beauty as well.
• Just used coconut oil in a smoothie? Use the excess on your face, hair or skin! Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and some even think it has anti-aging properties.
• Use coconut oil in place of blush for a natural, moisturizing glow.
• A fan of Cleopatra-style eyeliner? Use coconut oil to correct any smudging after applying.
• Use coconut oil as a moisturizer for cracked heels. Apply to feet before bed, put on some old socks and wake up to a smooth difference!
Okay no more coconut oil, we promise. Here are some other beauty hacks to save you some energy, so you can have a great day, living like you.
• Have a manicure that’s getting chipped? Add some sparkles to the holes to cover them up!
• If you love liquid liner, but don’t have any on hand (or don’t feel like going to the store), simply dip a thin brush into your mascara to make it work double duty.
• If you need a root touch up, but are too tired to get your hair done, a beauty secret from the pros is to tease your hair at the roots. You can also create a messy side part to help camouflage the overgrowth. Just don’t part it in a straight line!
• Many of us have a hard time sleeping. One way to hide the “tired” is to outline the inside of your eyes with nude eyeliner. It hides redness and you look awake and refreshed!
• Sometimes it’s simply too hard to get in the shower! Dry shampoo goes a long way for those crushing fatigue days! Or days where you simply can’t get over the lip of the tub. Dry shampoo is cheap, smells good and is one of our must-haves.
• Don’t have the energy to curl your hair? Wash it, pull it back into a bun (semi-messy) and leave it until it’s mostly dry. When you take it out you will have perfect waves!
• If you’re feeling tired and out of time – try the classic hat and oversized glasses trick. Throw on a classic 1920s-style hat and oversized sunglasses for a glamorous look. No one notices hair and makeup when you’re wearing a fabulous hat.
More important than any specific beauty tips, remember to smile and be yourself. Nothing is more chic than simply living like you!